Today’s afternoon concert went well, and the sun came out in time to warm the apartment a little for the show. Several fellow composers came today (yay!), so I made it the program a little Cantrell-heavier — I’ve always wanted them to be able to hear my pieces on my own instrument. I hope the more contemporary program didn’t put off my non-composer guests. (It seemed not to….) My hope is that the music all fits together well enough and I sustain the musical energy enough to make the old/new distinctions not seem that apparent, or that important.
- Cantrell – Three Places
- Schumann – Bunte Blätter 6
- Carei Thomas – Fragrance XIV: Cjalme
- Cantrell – Cradle Waltz
- Cantrell – Entropic Waltz
- Brahms – Intermezzo Op 116 No 4
- Chopin – Nocturne Op 55 No 1
- Todd Harper – Thoughts at 4 AM
- Cantrell – In a Perfectly Wounded Sky
- Brahms – Intermezzo Op 117 No 1
- Chopin – Ballade No 3
I was pushing myself a little doing four concerts within a week, and wondered how I’d hold up. Looks like I’ll make it through fine. The last Zo in this series is Wednesday, so I have a short breather now.