A small but fun audience tonight for Zo. I was foggy the whole way through – losing focus often, lots of memory glitches – but my listeners were very forgiving. Entropic was botchy beyond repair (will I ever learn the darned thing?!) but the ballade went well, which is encouraging – it’s been a long, long time since I worked up something really virtuosic for a concert … not since college, in fact. I may get the hang of these things yet.
Here’s what I played:
- Brahms - Waltz Op 39 No 15
- Bach - Sinfonia 5
- Carei Thomas - Fragrance XIV: Cjalme
- Cantrell - Entropic Waltz
- Cantrell - Cradle Waltz
- Brahms - Intermezzo Op 116 No 4
- Chopin - Nocturne Op 55 No 1
- Todd Harper - Thoughts at 4 AM
- Cantrell - In a Perfectly Wounded Sky
- Brahms - Intermezzo Op 117 No 1
- Chopin - Ballade No 3
I like the program. I’ll blame the fog on the Claratin I took this morning, and not tweak the program too much for tomorrow’s concert.
Update: Marisa comments on the concert in her blog.